Green Careers, Jobs, and Businesses for a Clean Economy
WASHINGTON, D.C., USA, August 14, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Cleantech and sustainability jobs are among the fastest-growing segments of the economy! In their report, Now Hiring: The Growth of America’s Clean Energy & Sustainability Jobs, EDF and Meister Consultants Group estimates that sustainability collectively represents 4-4.5 million jobs in the U.S. According to International Labour Organization’s report, World Employment and Social Outlook 2018: Greening with Jobs, 6 million new jobs will be created by 2030 by transforming from a linear economic model of extracting, making, using, and disposing to a ‘circular economy’ with activities like recycling, repairing, sharing, leasing, and remanufacturing. Other key findings are that 2.5 million jobs will be created in renewables-based electricity. Doing well while doing good is on the rise!
Leaders in Energy will be holding its 5th annual Green Jobs Forum on the topic of “Growing a Regional Clean Economy” at the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) on August 16th, from 5-9 pm. Pizza and beverages will be served.
Plus we’re offering special green career and networking workshops during the day!
In this year’s Forum, we’ll learn about initiatives in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia to help create a clean economy by growing and attracting businesses to the area, and placing and training people for green jobs. And we’ll hear from people who have already made their way into great green jobs!
Leaders in Energy is a community of engaged leaders advancing solutions for a sustainable energy system, economy, and world. Headquartered in metro Washington, D.C., its membership spans the globe.
Here’s a peak into the Green Jobs Forum program!
· Hear opening remarks from the MWCOG on supporting vocational training for the clean economy and developing incentives for green/clean tech businesses to locate within the jurisdiction;
· Panel discussion and Q&A with economic development and employment officials from across the greater DMV region, with their insights on green career/job training and placement opportunities, as well as on companies that are hiring;
· Tips from clean energy and sustainability professionals who have landed and/or created green jobs;
· Plus meet representatives from leading green companies and associations, greentech educators, and career assistance organizations who are exhibiting at the forum.
Here are the Green Career and Networking Workshops that we are offering!
· Green Career Workshop: What is Your Green Career Plan? (8:30 – 11:30 am)
· Fear is Your Copilot: Networking in Washington DC (12:30 – 1:30 pm)
· Green Career Workshop 2.0: What is the Best Fit for Your Green Career Path? (2:00 – 5:00 pm)
Who will benefit from attending this year’s Green Jobs Forum and workshops?
· People who want to find a green job, or advance their green career
· People who are interested in growing a clean economy, and learning more about what is happening now
· Employers who want to meet our Leaders in Energy community of clean energy and sustainability professionals
Where to Register: https://leadersinenergy.org/green-jobs-forum-2018/ Pizza and beverages are included with admission. Discounted tickets are available for students and job seekers.
Event Location: The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments*, Kirby Training Room, 777 North Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20002 (Within walking distance of the Union Station Metro, on the Red Line)
*The MWCOG is an independent, nonprofit association that brings area leaders together to address major regional issues such as helping to achieve regional greenhouse gas emissions reductions, increasing resiliency, and improving education and outreach in the region.
See here for in-depth information about our panel topics, speakers, exhibitors, and workshops’ content.
Leaders in Energy
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire